- we have decided to concentrate our Mentoring focus in the future to be outside of the School setting, therefore once existing in-school based relationships are completed, we will no longer offer this option. We will, however, offer the option of TeleMentoring as a service to those unable to visit our Stopsley Centre.
- we have limited referrals to ages 8-18, unless the young person is over 18 and has learning disabilities
- we have adjusted our rules on Gender Matching
Updated Gender Matching Statement
- Our normal practice is to match Mentees to the next Available, Suitable Mentor.
- For those in Primary School this could be any available gender of Volunteer.
- For High School Mentees, our preference is to match with the same gender, however the option is always open for the Parent, Guardian or Carer to request a specific gender for those that are uncomfortable with our normal preference.
- We are always open to discuss the choice of gender with the Mentee’s Parent, Guardian or Carer.