GHM Vision Mission Values
To see young people in Luton empowered to unlock their potential.We provide quality, trained, screened volunteers from diverse backgrounds who choose to consistently meet with, mentor and help referred young people in Luton to take responsibility for their actions, improve their social skills and become more self-confident and resilient.
- To recruit, train and screen quality volunteer mentors.
- To offer Group Mentoring support to referred young people, including life skills sessions aimed to help develop social skills.
- To offer one-to-one Mentoring support to referred young people.
- To offer one-to-one Mentoring support to young parents through the Young Parent Mentoring project.
- To provide a safe and encouraging environment for all mentoring and training activities through the GHM Cafe.
- To support and encourage all GreenHouse Mentoring volunteers through the GHM Supervisors, Counsellors and staff.
- To help enable children and parents whose 1st language is not English to improve through the English Corner.
Aim for excellence in everything. Act with integrity in all situations.
- safe and secure
Encourage growth in all.
Children in Luton (i.e. with a post code of LU1, LU2, LU3, LU4) who:
- need the help of mentor;
- aged 5-18 years of age – however, this is extended to age 25 where the person has a learning disability.
Young Parents in Luton (i.e. with a post code of LU1, LU2, LU3, LU4) who:
- are or are about to become a young parent;
- need the help of mentor
- aged up to 25 years of age – however, this can be extended where the person has a learning disability.