Stage-6 DBS Disclosure
Once we have mutually agreed a volunteer role with you, we will then conduct a DBS background check dependent on the role applied for and the implied interaction level with vulnerable individuals. Further details on the DBS application process can be found in the GHM DBS guidance note for potential volunteers which is typically distributed to you during the ‘Safe 2 Grow’ session.
Please note: You are responsible for contacting GHM, once you are able to provide the valid identity documentation, to arrange a date/time for your application.
A volunteer cannot enter into a mentoring relationship or volunteer in an un-supervised capacity without a satisfactory DBS disclosure. A potential volunteer CAN however volunteer in a group/probation setting before or whilst being checked.
- Becoming A Mentor
- Stage 1 – Expression of Interest
- Stage 2 – Interview & Training Placement Offer
- Stage 3 – Training Attendance
- Stage 4 – Role Offer/Missed Training Sessions
- Stage 5 – Probation period (Mentors only)
- Stage 6 – DBS Disclosure
- Stage 7 – Completion of vetting/training requirements
- Expenses Claim Explanation