Stage 4 – Role Offer/Missed Training Sessions
We will formally offer you a volunteer role at the Volunteer Celebration event so it is vital that you attend! Due to the sheer number of individuals applying to volunteer with us, we may not be able to offer the specific role you want in some cases. We will however endeavour to offer you a role that is closely related to it.
Missed Training Sessions
- One session missed– the GHM Manager will decide whether to offer you a role depending on extenuating circumstances, quality of homework submitted and interaction during training sessions. You will be allowed to complete the missed session via distance learning, 1-to-1 briefing or by attending a future instance of the session.
- Two sessions missed – Again, the GHM Manager will decide whether to offer you a role depending on extenuating circumstances, quality of homework submitted and participation during training sessions. Please bear in mind however; the manager will only accept a potential volunteer who has missed two sessions in extenuating circumstances.
Catch-up conditions for Potential volunteers who have missed one or two sessions:
|Training Level||Physical Attendance||Distance learning||1-to-1 briefing
|2 Working Together||YES||YES||YES|
|3 Goals & Endings||YES*||YES*||YES*|
|4 Practical Mentoring||YES||NO||YES|
|‘Safe 2 Grow’||YES||NO||YES|
|Practical Safety (LW)||YES||NO||YES|
*Must also complete and hand in homework for ‘1 Rapport’ & ‘3 Goals & Endings’
- Three sessions missed – If you have missed three or more sessions we will not offer you a role until you complete the outstanding sessions on their next scheduling.
Should you be returning to GHM after a period away you may be required to re-attend all training sessions. You will be required to re-attend the ‘Safe 2 Grow’ training session if you originally attended the session more than three years ago.
For example, if a volunteer originally attended the ‘Safe 2 Grow’ training session more than 3 years ago, he/she will be required to re-attend the next scheduled instance of the session. This is due to training sessions being constantly updated in line with best practice and legislation.
- Becoming A Mentor
- Stage 1 – Expression of Interest
- Stage 2 – Interview & Training Placement Offer
- Stage 3 – Training Attendance
- Stage 4 – Role Offer/Missed Training Sessions
- Stage 5 – Probation period (Mentors only)
- Stage 6 – DBS Disclosure
- Stage 7 – Completion of vetting/training requirements
- Expenses Claim Explanation